Entrepreneurs find themselves confronted with the most diverse legal issues. GMW Advocaten has all the necessary expertise in house to advise clients on issues ranging from intellectual property and takeovers to competition law, restructuring and liability law.
GMW Advocaten cover all aspects of corporate law, representing small and big businesses alike. Clients from both the profit and the non-profit sector ask for advice and support in the case of pending mergers, funding, insolvency, corporate litigation and corporate governance. Forms of cooperation, an intended restructuring and different types of contracts are also issues that are dealt with on a daily basis in our offices. Cancellation of a partnership or a contract and the succession in family businesses are fields in which GMW Advocaten has earned a well-deserved reputation.
We assist our clients in the following matters:
- Takeovers, mergers, transfer of shares, transfer of assets and liabilities
- Due diligence studies
- Financing of mergers (management buy out, management buy in, leveraged buy out, assed based lending, private equity)
- Financing and securities
- Drafting and scanning contracts and general terms and conditions
- Issues of intellectual property (patents, trademarks, brands, designs, copyrights, domain names, neighbouring rights)
- Special cooperation contracts (partnerships, limited partnerships, joint ventures)
- Disputes between partners and shareholders
- Disputes between directors
- Businesses facing difficult circumstances; re-launches
- Bankruptcy and suspension of payment
- Restructuring and reorganisation
- D&O’s liability
- All issues related to the law of obligations
- Issues of competition law
- Corporate litigation and corporate governance
Your own designated corporate lawyer at GMW Advocaten
We believe in a personal approach and will therefore assign a lawyer to each case, preventing the frustrating situation when a client needs to re-tell his or her story for the umpteenth time. Whenever necessary, we will consult specialised accountants, notaries and fiscal experts, as well.
InformationPlease contact René Willemsen for further information on the subject. Upon request we offer a free consultation with one of our corporate law team members.