1.1 In this complaints procedure, the terms listed below are defined as follows:
• Complaint: every expression of dissatisfaction, oral or written, that can reasonably be designated as a complaint about the service provided by employees of GMW advocaten B.V. (hereinafter also: GMW advocaten), made known by or on behalf of the client;
• Complainant: the client or his/her representative who submits a complaint;
• Complaints officer: the individual who handles the complaint;
• Employee: anyone who performs work for GMW advocaten.
1.2 Anyone who entered into an agreement for services with GMW advocaten has the right to submit a complaint about the manner in which an employee of GMW advocaten acted towards him or another individual on a particular occasion.
1.3 GMW advocaten will ensure that complaints received orally or in writing are handled with due care.
2.1 The complaint must be submitted in writing to the complaints officer, Mr. K. Vermeulen or Mr S. Meijler.
2.2 If the complaint is not submitted to the complaints officer but to an employee of GMW advocaten, the employee will bring the complaint to the attention of the complaints officer.
2.3 The complaint must include at least the following information:
• the name and address of the complainant;
• the date the complaint was submitted;
• a description of the conduct against which the complaint is directed.
2.4 The complaints officer will confirm receipt of the complaint within 5 working days.
2.5 In the confirmation of receipt, the complainant will be informed about the progress of the complaints procedure.
3.1 The complaint will be handled by the complaints officer.
3.2 If a complaint will not be handled, the complaints officer will notify the complainant of this, stating the reasons why.
3.3 When a complaint is submitted, the employee against whom the complaint is directed will be notified about the complaint.
3.4 The complaints officer will decide whether the complainant and the person to whom the complaint relates will be heard.
3.5 The complaints officer will notify the client about the decision taken on the complaint.
3.6 The complaints officer will ensure that the complaint has been handled within 4 weeks of receipt. If necessary, the complaints officer can extend this period by 4 weeks.
3.7 No objection or appeal can be lodged against the decision.
4.1 The complaints officer analyses the complaints once per year.
4.2 If necessary, the complaints officer will present proposals to the board of GMW advocaten for improving the service provision.
5.1 You can contact the complaints officer for more information about the complaints procedure.
5.2 This procedure takes effect as of 1 February 2009.